May 2017 Challenge
I decided on this month’s challenge and then was a bit challenged to complete it. Since we had discussed journaling in April’s Champions content I thought I would make journaling the challenge for May. Sounds simple right? Well, journaling feelings rather than descriptions was harder than I thought it would be. In her video Crystal Livesay mentions that journaling our feelings can be cathartic. So I gave it a try. I purposely chose a font that was a bit ornate and harder to read and a color that blended into the background to make my journaling a little bit hidden. Now that I wrote about how I feel about my grandchildren growing up maybe I won’t feel so sad when I look at this photo next time.
So here’s the challenge:
- Create a layout where journaling is a main focus of the layout. Your journaling can be descriptive, personal, bulleted, etc. Maybe try something new.
- Use any style for your layout….traditional, project life, or art journal.
- Use photos or no photos.
- Have fun.
Here’s my layout:
Upload your layout into the Challenge Gallery and post a link to it in the forum challenge thread by May 31st. You can find directions for uploading layouts to the gallery here and how to link the layout to your post here.
And now for the prizes (all prize winners chosen randomly):
- (1) $30.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
- (1) $20.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
- (1) $10.00 discount coupon towards a class of your choice
You can only win one prize in the challenge each month.
I hope you’ll join the challenge and good luck!