What is Artsy Scrapping?
What is Artsy Scrapping? Indeed Artsy Scrapping can have many names: Artsy Scrapbooking, Digital Artistry, Artsy look… Many ways to define this style that combine everything that has to do with Artistry.
I’m so glad to take you on this journey with me. I have fully embraced my Artsy Style – but, of course, for different people it means different things. I can only tell you what Artsy scrapbooking is to me. I hope that you will join me on this artsy journey in the monthly articles that I will be writing here on the Scrapaneers Blog, where you can learn about the Artsy Scrapping style and the digital techniques that go into making an artsy layout.
It means being able to break the rules of scrapbooking. It means being playful. Playing with paints, brushes, transfers everything that has to do with lots of colors and textures.
It means blending and using unique frames. It means telling my stories in a fun colorful artsy playful way.
Artsy Scrapbooking doesn’t mean also to be tied just to photoshop to me it means to go beyond what we can create in the computer and combine everything together.
Let me show you what I mean.
- Artsy Scrapping can tell old stories: telling stories of your past don’t have to be created with a simple vintage page. Photoshop techniques can still be used so your vintage layout can have an artistic flair. As artsy scrappers, we have opportunities to think outside the box when telling stories of our past.
- We can tell everyday, regular stories. We can create long journaling and that journaling can be the focus of your page despite the artistic look.
- Artsy Scrapping can tell hard stories but they can be colorful. Actually to me the harder the subject more colorful my pages are because to me it means that is the outcome that happened or that I wish to have.
- We can tell hard stories that don’t have to look sad and talk about our own struggles and document, not just family members but our own stories.
- Artsy scrapbooking also can use other resources, like plugins, actions, and my favorite: apps.
- Finally artsy scrapping doesn’t have to be just about stories, but can also be about our emotions and sometimes we don’t have to use pictures and the usual layout design to convey the message. It’s a time to play and experiment.
We’ll go step by step in all these categories of Digital Artsy Scrapbooking over the next few months and I hope you’ll join the fun. If there is something you’d like to see leave a comment and let me know. I’d love to help you.